SOS 2009 is the perfect learning medium for a plugged-in generation just at home on the computer as in front of a book. With a core curriculum of 5 primary subjects--Bible, History & Geography, Language Arts, Math, and Science--this multi-subject program has everything you need for a comprehensive, flexible school year. Biblically-based, interactive, and with a host of new features for 2009, you'll get an up-to-date program that ensures your students receive a quality education tailored to their learning style!
Nine topics per subject are provided and include quizzes and tests. Fifth-grade students will study "Christian Basics" such as God's presence, the Christian in the world, Bible structure, and God's authority; gain an understanding of the Western Hemisphere, including the exploration of the New World, colonial life, America's beginning and development, and America's neighbors; improve their knowledge of literature, poetry, reports, language, sentences, and writing; learn about multiplication, division, fractions, calculators, place value, and estimation; and discover balance in nature through cells, animal and plant life cycles, rocks and fossils.
New Features for 2009 include:
- New Home Page format, with helpful widgets of your choosing; you and your students may modify the page to access daily work with a single click!
- MiSOS themes will allow students to customize the look and feel of SOS; parents can control what options students may choose from.
- A Daily Work Report provides a one-page summary of lessons, projects, quizzes, and tests students spent time working on for a specified date.
- The Redesigned Student Schoolwork Page emphasizes current assignments with blue links for active assignments, making it simple to see what needs to be worked on.
- A Simplified Exclude Day Process streamlines the process of excluding days from your school calendar.
- The Modified Term and Calendar Screen features on-screen instructions.
- Pre-Installed Sample Lessons make it easier for you to access and assign Sample Lessons.
- The Copy Curriculum Capability for Students allows students to copy SOS curriculum directly onto the computer, so the actual CD is no longer needed.
- Context Sensitive Help will bring you directly to the help for the SOS window you're currently viewing.
- New Lesson Plan Icons identify at a glance whether an assignment is a lesson, project, quiz, or test.
- The Single-Click to Zero-Out function gives an assignment a grade of Zero and marks it complete.
- A Shortcut saves time saving and exiting SOS 2009.
- Additional Access provides more options for creating custom assignments.
- SOS 2009 is only compatible with Windows Vista, or XP with Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista Requires 1 GB RAM, 2 GB for optimal performance.
- Windows XP with SP 2 requires 512 MB memory.
- Windows Vista Requires 1 GHz or higher processor, 1.5 GHz for optimal performance.
- Windows XP with SP 2 requires 500 MHz or higher processor, 1 GHz for optimal performance.
- 600 MB hard drive space
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor, 16 bit color
- CD-ROM Drive
- Printer Recommended