The complete Bible in Japanese. It uses the Shinkaiyaku translation which is quite literal, and has furigana pronunciation marks on all kanji (except the few times when the number or letter indicating a note or reference in the references at the bottom of the page replaces the furigana in that space).
Improvements in this 2003 revision (3rd edition) include:
- A More Readable Design — New, spacious page layout, new paper and bolder 9.5-point typeface make it easy on the eyes.
- Gracious Wording — Non-derogatory terms for leprosy and handicapped people (blind, deaf, etc.) open God's Word to all people.
- The Results of the Latest Research — 900 wording changes reflect new scholarly research in the original languages of the Bible, making the meaning clearer to contemporary Japanese.
- Color maps
- Text notes
- 9.5-point typeface
- 2nd edition page numbers are in brackets
- Two ribbon markers
- Gray vinyl cover with blue jacket.
- 7.50" x 5.75" x 2.00"